Monday, August 2, 2010

How do you Direct Models as a photographer?

I am really excited because today is the day that I am getting my new digital SLR. Desiree and I have ordered the Canon 7D. It is going to be so much fun, and I cannot wait to see how it will improve my shots. I have been careful though not to get stuck into the lie that just because you have a better camera mean that your photos will get better. I know this to not be true, but at the same time with a better camera your photos are crisper, and it can give you more of a “wow affect”. My friend Rachel has the 7d as well, and she had Desiree and me over for dinner on Sunday. It was such a wonderful evening. Thank you so much Rachael. After we had this wonderful meal Rachael informed to me that she had a photography lighting studio setup with a white back drop. She was kind enough to let me set up a photo shoot, and Rachael and I shared turns shooting Desiree with the Canon 7d.

I was really excited about the shoot, and had some great ideas in my head. The problem was that I was not sure how to transfer what I wanted in my head to the model to act out. In the trouble of trying this I lost all my ideas, and would just get stuck, and get discouraged. Desiree is not a professional model by any means. I do not mean to put you down Desiree, but you are a beginner when it comes to modeling. This craft is way harder than people think. The question is how do I learn to be good at directing models even if they are beginners? With this blog you will be able to follow me on my journey of researching my way to become a good model directing photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment