Monday, July 19, 2010

First Year Together.

Desiree and I just had our first year anniversary. It was awesome to be together this weekend. We booked a bed and breakfast in Niwot, CO. This town is about a 2 block historical town. It is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. We were a little nervous about what this bed and breakfast had in store for us. This was because most bed and breakfasts are very cheesy. They have this old country style look to them with beds that creek just by looking at them. I just cannot do that kind of style of B&B. I would not be able to relax, and I would feel very out of place. Maybe I will feel different when I am 60. Because of my feelings for this, Desiree and I do a lot of research before we book a place. We really did not know what to think of this B&B in Niwot. We were a little afraid that it was going to be out dated like the rest.


When we arrived we could not believe what was in front of us. The place was beautiful, and looked like it was refurbished into cabin style lodging. We were still ready to be a little disappointed. I was thinking that they put all their money into the outside, but the inside is still going to be outdated. We parked our car in the back, and walked in, and I was shocked. The placed was still beautiful. There was an immediate peaceful feel as soon as we walked into the place. It was quiet, and they had back ground music that just made me want to fall asleep. There were about four or five different seating sections around the small, but very quant building. These seating places were awesome if you wanted to read a book, or just get out of your room for a bit.


We went to the front counter and waited for the house keeper to check us in. Lynn was doing the dishes, and then noticed that we needed help. She came and checked us in, and then gave us a tour of the place. She showed us where the lounge was. It was very nice and cozy. There was a hug fire place right in the middle of the far wall. There was all kinds of seating around the room. There were tables that fit four, a couple that fit two, a bench, a couple couches, and a couple of elegant single person chairs. Behind the one couch there were snacks. They had some roasted nuts and chex mix on the one side, and homemade cookies on the other side. Then Lynn showed us a table that had coffee and tea available for whenever we wanted. The last table that Lynn showed to us had wine, cheese, and crackers that were available all night until 10pm. This was my favorite table, and I knew that it would not be long until I came down from our room and visited this room again.


Lynn took us up to our room. Right in the middle of the building there was a hug stair case that brought us to the upstairs. The whole building was open. The second floor was a circular walk way along the walls, but the middle was all open to the lower floor. This gave a very nice atmosphere to the place. We were staying in the room in the far North East corner, room number 9. Okay, so at the point I really am not expecting the rooms to be quality since the rest of the place was so amazing and beautiful. As Lynn opened up our door, I really was in awe. The furniture all had this matching log cabin look. The bed was a raised bed that was about 3.5 feet off of the ground. There was a fireplace in the room, and a flat screen TV. It was awesome, but the best part of the room was the bathroom. The toilet seat was heated, and there were about 10 lights that you could adjust the dimming on. There also was a heater just for the bath room that you could adjust. There was a wood counter, and a handmade forged sink. Now let’s talk about the shower. The shower was defiantly the high light of the room. There was the biggest rain shower head that I have ever seen. There also was a separate detachable shower head that was bigger than any of the shower heads that I have ever owned. The best part was the steam. The shower was also its own steam room. You could adjust the temp to whatever you wanted. The wall of the shower that you entered was all made of a modern style of glass, and the other walls of the shower were made of river bed rock. It was the coolest shower that I have ever been in. The place as a whole was absolutely beautiful inside-out. It had such a relaxing homey feel to it. I was so happy that Desiree and I could share the night at such a place as this bed and breakfast. At this point I forgot that I had gotten Desiree a dozen of roses and had them delivered to the room. Desiree saw them and said, "Hu, what are these flowers for?" She walked up to them, and read the note that said, "I love you Desiree, from your bud." She was so happy, and it was a great feeling to be able to surprise my wife with something nice.

The room.

The roses I had given to Desiree.

Desiree and I got our stuff out of the car and got all set up in the room. Desiree and I like to relax with a drink once in a while, but we don't like to spend the money at a restaurant because it adds up real fast. We brought some of our own, and started to relax as soon as our room was organized. We went back down stairs and had some wine, cheese, and crackers. Lynn informed us that there was an Italian restaurant right next door, and people say that it is very good. Desiree and I went back upstairs and got ready for dinner. We walked to the restaraut and decided to eat on the front patio. It was not that hard to decide what we were going to get because on our honeymoon we had calamari, and clams. We have now started a tradition, because that is exactly what we had this time around too. Although this time I had the calamari where the whole squid was on the plate, and was surprised at how much I liked it. It was a very nice restaurant and the food was great.

My beautiful wife at the restaurant

An indian carved into what was once a tree.

This town of Niwot was very cute and funny at the same time. What makes up this historical town is about a whole four blocks, but it was still very nice. The best part about it was that we were really getting away from the craziness of Denver, and life for the two days that we were there felt like it had almost stopped. Desiree and I had a great night, and the next morning we woke up and had breakfast in the morning. They had a pretty good variety, and they even made us a homemade waffle. After breakfast we got ready for the day, and left the B&B for home.

I will finish this post with: I LOVE YOU DESIREE.

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much! Thank you for the amazing time! It was a joy to celebrate a wonderful first year! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us this next year! Love you!

    ReplyDelete