Monday, July 5, 2010

The Rest of the Trip

Once the Tennessee trip was ending it was hard to say goodbye to the family, but not as bad as it could have been. Desiree and I still had a couple more days of vacation. We headed to Wisconsin with Aaron and Krissy to see where they lived?

In May, Desiree and I headed out to Nebraska to visit Ethan [my youngest brother] to see where he went to school. It was so awesome to see Ethan in his own element. Most of the time Ethan is my younger brother, he does what I do, he tries to act like I act, and he never likes to leave my side. I have been away from Ethan for a little while now, and he sure has grown up. He has a girl friend now, and is his own man. He does things that I normally would not do. For example he joined the improve group at his college. I saw a show that they put on, and it was awesome. My brother was really funny. It was a side of him that I have not seen before. It was a very neat and awesome trip. I had so much fun. My little brother became a big friend. I love that brother of mine.

The trip to Wrightstown Wisconsin had a lot of the same feelings that I could compare to the trip to Nebraska, but they were all very different at the same time. I really did not see Aaron or Krissy in a different way as I did Ethan, but it was amazing seeing Aaron and Krissy in their own elements. Aaron is a pastor of the Church, and Krissy is Aaron's secretary. I got to see Aaron preach to the Church on the Sunday that we were there. You could tell that people love Aaron, and respect him as a man of God. I am so glad that others see my brother the same way that I see him. After the church service we went shopping for some food. We made sandwiches, and left their adorable house to go for a picnic.

Aaron and Krissy live in Wrightstown. Wrightstown is this little farm town that is about 30 minutes away from Green Bay. It is the cutest little town with the cutest barns, and farms. My favorite part of the town is that it gives the most peaceful feeling. Small little farm towns just seem to be like that. I felt so calm the whole time that we were there.

After the picnic, we played 18 holes of disc golf. The course was the best disc golf course that I have played on yet. It was a lot of fun. Aaron and Kissy drove us down a road that had very expensive houses on it. They were incredible. Some of them looked like castles in a Dutch country or somewhere. We were driving a long and Aaron pointed out an eagle that was fishing. I have not seen many eagles in my life and since I am a photographer, I have this desire to capture a shot of one. Aaron told me about this big nest across the town. We drove to the house to get the camera, and they took us to see an eagle. We did happen to see one, but it was just sitting on the nest. It was too far away to get a good shot even with the telephoto. We did continue down a path to see if we could catch any eagles flying in the air, but after a little while we gave up and headed home. We made some drinks, and played some cards. We climbed some trees, and sat and talked. [Of course I had to try to keep up my climbing somehow]. It was the most relaxing night that I have had in a while. Aaron and Krissy made asparagus, sweet potatoes, and stakes. Umm, it was an amazing dinner. We had fun around a little fire, and then watched a movie.

In the morning we headed for Milwaukee. Desiree and I flew out that afternoon from the Milwaukee airport. We hung out for a little in the town. We went out to eat on a restaurant by the river side, and went to this food market place. We had such a great time with Aaron and Krissy, but it was time that was taking Desiree and I back to Colorado. It was hard to leave all of my family.

Aaron and Krissy,

I think that you two are amazing people, and I am so grateful to call you my family. Thank you for ministering in that part of the world. I love you, miss you, and cannot wait until next time we are together.

No comments:

Post a Comment