Friday, November 19, 2010

Oh No Michigan?

For all that do not know...I am moving to Michigan. I am really excited. I have kind of had enough of the low pay at my job. I have been training new people at my work that make a lot more than I do. I just need to move on. Desiree and I were thinking of our options and it was between either moving to a camp and teaching rock climbing, or going back to school. We both were thinking about it and decided that school was the better option, but we did not know how we were going to execute this. Desiree and I were praying and trying to think of more options on how to go back to school, and not get into too much debt. Not too long after Desiree and I heard from my parents and we talked through the option that if I help my father refinish the basement, they would put a full kitchen in, and give us free rent while we went to school. Thank you LORD. This is too good to turn down. Desiree and I prayed about it, and the LORD said yes.

We had already planned a trip out to Michigan for Thanksgiving and my Cousin Chris' wedding, and it was too expensive to change our flights. We did not have to be out for school until January 10, and Desiree wanted to be with her family for Christmas. So the plan developed into moving our stuff out before Thanksgiving on a semi truck, and flying out to meet it in Michigan for Thanksgiving, so that we could unpack our stuff. Then we would fly back to Colorado and spend the three weeks with Desiree's family through Christmas. On the 26th we would drive our car back to Michigan.

So here it is my last day of work, and our stuff has just arrived in Michigan. I am really excited about the change, but a little scared at the same time. Spite the excitement there is one thing that is making me a little depressed.................... Climbing.

I was really trying to stay positive about it, but there is only one place to climb out doors in the Lower Peninsula in Michigan. My father said that he will let me build a bouldering wall in the garage. I started to look into it, and it is going to cost me more money than I thought to create this wall. My fear is that I will try to climb when I am out in Michigan, but I won’t keep it up, and my passion for climbing will go out the window. I really don't want this to be the case.

I LOVE TO CLIMB.

1 comment:

  1. Adam! (1) Thank you for your feed back on my photo! I am so glad for it!!
    (2) You will never lose your passion for climbing. THis is just a season. Seasons don't last forever!

    Love you and Des Very much miss you guys!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete